Follow Vibrant Life – Tulsa’s Best Chiropractor!
Estimates show that more than 35 million American adults and children visit a chiropractor for treatment every single year. In a related study, 77% of patients who saw a chiropractor within the last 12 months reported the care to be “very effective”. With all of the misinformation out there, though, some people aren’t familiar with the basics of chiropractic care and all of it’s benefits. Keep reading to learn more about this non-invasive treatment option and what it has to offer for you and your family’s health and wellbeing.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic refers to optimizing, restoring, and preserving health through hands-on spinal adjustments and other physical therapies. The primary focus is on aligning the spine and skeleton to ensure proper nerve and blood flow, which can provide relief from a variety of injuries and medical conditions. Rather than “treating” a patient like a medical doctor would, a chiropractor seeks to restore the connection between the body for improved overall health and wellness.
Chiropractic Alignments and Other Therapies
Although the primary work of chiropractors is in providing manual adjustments, there are a number of services and therapies available to assist with a variety of musculoskeletal conditions. Depending on the issues you are facing, your doctor might prescribe any of the therapies below as a part of your overall treatment plan.
Spinal Adjustment or Manipulation: This is the most commonly known therapy provided by chiropractors. This involves using the hands to perform a manual manipulation of the head, neck, or back to realign the spine and put things back where they belong. This may be used in combination with hot or cold therapy to assist with pain relief or reduce swelling in the affected area.
Stretch Therapy: Along with manual adjustments, many chiropractors use stretch therapy to stretch the spine and help get things back in line. This can be done with the assistance of a specially-designed stretching table, which helps pull the body into alignment. Stretch therapy can also refer to physical exercise and stretching programs prescribed by a chiropractor that focus on targeting the affected areas. This can help improve range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
Massage Therapy: For patients with consistent or chronic pain, or those who have strained muscles, massage therapy may be prescribed as a part of chiropractic care. In most cases, since it is performed in a chiropractic office, the therapy is even covered by insurance.
Electric Impulse/Vibration Therapy: Using electrical impulses or vibration helps to promote proper circulation and stimulates muscles to increase range of motion and reduce stiffness. This can be used in combination with other chiropractic treatments or on its own, to help improve the overall health of your body’s soft tissue.
Hot and Cold Therapy: In addition to an adjustment or other therapy, a chiropractor may prescribe hot or cold therapy after your session. This can assist with relaxing the muscles, reducing pain and inflammation, and more.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
The biggest benefit of seeing a chiropractor, for most people, is that it is a non-invasive solution to a lot of health issues. It is also beneficial for your overall health and well-being. Seeing a chiropractor can relieve pain and inflammation, aid in faster healing, and provide ongoing support for total spinal health. Chiropractors are actually the highest-rated choice among healthcare providers for those seeking relief from lower back pain. Plus, most chiropractic care is covered by medical insurance.
Chiropractic care can be used as a supplement or an alternative treatment, which is another reason that it is so popular. People seek out this care for a variety of reasons and conditions, and the majority of patients report positive results and experiences. Adding chiropractic care to an existing treatment plan for back pain or other joint conditions can improve the results and potentially even eliminate the need for ongoing medication or future surgical procedures. Chiropractic care offers a versatile solution for people who need more than what a medical doctor can provide.
Is a Chiropractor a Medical Doctor?
The short answer: Yes, a chiropractor is a type of medical doctor.
In order to practice as a chiropractor, an individual is required to attend a doctoral graduate school program that will allow them to become certified as a Doctor of Chiropractic, or DC. They have to complete 4,200 hours of classroom, internship, and laboratory studies (equivalent in classroom hours to MD and DO certifications). After completing their education, those wishing to become licensed must pass a series of four exams offered by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NCBE). Therefore, you can trust that your chiropractor has the proper education, training, and experience to provide the care that you need.
What Can a Chiropractor Treat?
Chiropractors can help patients of all ages with a variety of medical conditions, injuries, and other needs. Some of the most common reasons to see a chiropractor include:
- Neck or back pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Sports or work injuries
- Chronic pain
- Depression, anxiety, and stress relief
- Slipped discs
- Pregnancy related pain and discomfort
- Menstrual relief
- Bowel and colon regularity
- Respiratory and sinus issues
- Sleep disorders or trouble sleeping
A chiropractor, as you can see, can be a useful alternative to surgery and medications for a number of conditions. They can also provide complementary therapies in addition to those prescribed by your regular doctor.
What Can a Tulsa Chiropractor Do for You?
You might be surprised to see how much chiropractic care has to offer, but it really can do wonders for the body. If you are struggling with any of the issues listed above, or any other conditions, injuries, or health needs that you think a chiropractor can resolve, feel free to schedule an appointment for a consultation. You can inquire online for more information or contact us via phone to schedule your assessment with a chiropractor today.
Vibrant Life Health Care Services:
Tulsa Health Care Services with Vibrant Life include the following:
- Intravenous Nutritional Therapy (IV Therapy)
- IV therapy commonly treats bacterial and/or viral infections, allergies, aging, asthma, chronic fatigue, chronic sinusitis, coronary artery disease (hypertension), depression, detoxification (including heavy metals), fibromyalgia, hepatitis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, malnutrition, migraines, muscle spasm, Parkinson’s disease, and upper respiratory infections.
- Prolotherapy is a natural procedure designed to heal soft tissue injuries. This process helps the body’s own method of repairing itself from a wound. By using prolotherapy, the body is able to grow new connective tissue on damaged or weakened areas.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment has been used in various medical procedures since the 1980s. Many famous athletes have received PRP for various difficulties, such as sprained knees and chronic tendon injuries.
- Detoxification Therapy
- Liver detoxification with glutathione infusions; liver support and rejuvenation with alpha-lipoic acid infusions; heavy metal chelation with EDTA infusions, Hydrogen peroxide infusions for allergy, sinus and lung conditions, infections, as well as pain and Raindrop Therapy with pure essential oils.
- Chiropractic Therapy
- Chiropractic Therapy for back and neck pain, sports injuries, headaches including migraines, myofascial release, therapeutic exercises, nerve impingement, trigger point therapy, plantar fasciitis.
- Pain Management
- Non-Opioide Pain Management services include trigger point therapy, trigger point injections, nerve blocks, anti-inflammatory injections, chiropractic therapy, ultrasound, prolotherapy, PRP, Raindrop therapy.
- Nutritional Testing and Counseling
- 21-Day Purification Cleanse, weight-loss programs, hormone testing, neurotransmitter testing, adrenal fatigue, evaluation and supplementation, B-12 injections.
- This natural healing process creates a thicker dermis that gives the appearance of younger healthy skin and the reduction of wrinkles or stretch marks. Micro-Needling is the latest innovation for the treatment of acne scars, fine lines, and overall healthy skin.
- Gardasil Injury Treatment
- Many people are not aware of the risks associated with the Gardasil vaccine. Vaccines contain questionable ingredients that can trigger a vaccine injury. According to statistics on the site SaneVax, as of 2013 more than 32,000 people have reported adverse effects to the Gardasil vaccine. More than 145 have died, over 1,000 are permanently disabled, and more than 6,400 have yet to recover.
- Integrative Cancer Treatment
- Vibrant Life Oklahoma offers integrative/complementary cancer treatment through IV Therapy. After receiving chemotherapy, most patients feel weak, sick, exhausted, and their body is very run down. IV Therapy helps to restore the nutrient value and assists chemotherapy in killing cancer cells.
- Drug & Alcohol Detox
- Receiving optimal amounts of key nutrients, both during and after detoxing from drugs or alcohol, can mean the difference between success and failure. Our proven program helps support your body’s detoxification pathways, while helping correct imbalances in neurochemistry, to help you feel better sooner.