What is IV Therapy?
IV therapy benefits the body through treatments that have been used for decades in hospitals, though it actually began in ancient times.
IV therapy is used to deliver fluids directly into a person’s veins. Over time, intravenous vitamin therapy has become more efficient and is now a widely-used treatment option. It’s the fastest method for delivering nutrients and medications into a person’s body because it is administered directly into their bloodstream.
It is used to treat a large variety of conditions like dehydration and nutrient deficiencies and can be critical when very fast treatment is needed and other treatment options would not be as efficient. During a typical procedure, a trained health professional inserts an IV by putting a needle housed in a small tube known as a catheter into the patient’s vein. After the catheter is in the vein, the needle is taken out and the catheter is taped to the skin to prevent it from accidentally coming loose. It is completely safe, painless and feels similar to getting a blood test. Different patient needs require different treatments, and each therapy session is tailored to suit the individual. IV therapy benefits clinic staff, patients and science- and we use formulas that are blended specifically with the patient’s goals in mind.
In recent years IV therapy benefits have enjoyed an increase in popularity due to its ability to cure hangovers, aid athletes, and reduce fatigue, among other things. IV therapy works better than using pills because it offers a 100% absorption rate into a person’s circulation. With regular vitamin supplements, a portion of the nutrients is often lost rather than being absorbed completely into the body. The vitamins and medications administered are delivered immediately to the body’s cells, where they can be used rapidly. This can be especially important following surgery or a serious injury where time is of the essence. Intravenous vitamin therapy also bypasses the digestive system, which is helpful for people who cannot normally tolerate high doses of vitamins. In these patients, large doses of oral supplements can result in nausea and other unpleasant symptoms. There’s also the fact that these large doses are often costly and inconvenient for the person.
IV therapy benefits people with on-the-go lifestyles and can also relieve jet lag. It is favored by business professionals, musicians, actors and professional athletes for its restorative effects. It boosts memory and cognitive function as well as concentration, making it ideal for students. It also helps the immune system function properly, which is essential for healthcare workers who are often around people with illnesses. The immune system boost that it provides helps fight seasonal allergies and diseases like the common cold and flu. IV therapy replaces crucial electrolytes and nutrients that are lost during workouts and speeds up recovery time. Electrolytes are important minerals in the body that enable it to function properly. The free radicals and toxins that the body produces during exercise are also removed faster. These free radicals also promote cell aging and damage, and intravenous vitamin therapy aids overall longevity. It also aids in muscle repair and helps fight post-workout soreness and stiffness.
IV Therapy – Stress, Anxiety, Sleep, and Heart Health
IV therapy can also reduce stress and anxiety, increase energy levels and improve sleep, and can also help with heart health, mood, hormones and focus. It can have a noteworthy effect on productivity in many areas of life. The numerous benefits of intravenous vitamin therapy have a synergistic effect, in that one positive effect in the body often helps other parts of the body run more efficiently. The antioxidant support that intravenous vitamin therapy provides helps the body achieve optimal mitochondrial function, which gives an anti-aging effect and also helps prevent disease. Intravenous vitamin therapy also promotes wound healing, which is especially important following surgery when the body needs it most. After an operation, the body is often low on vitamins and nutrients that it needs to heal properly. Intravenous vitamin therapy lessens this strain by quickly supplying the necessary nutrients. The amino acids provided by intravenous vitamin therapy help promote collagen formation to heal the skin and prevent scarring. Swelling, pain and inflammation are all reduced through IV therapy, and it flushes out lactic acid, balances the body’s salt levels, and helps lubricate the joints. Intravenous vitamin therapy aids the skin, hair and nails as well, and is often used in conjunction with other beauty treatments. IV therapy can be a life-saver in situations where the patient is experiencing massive bleeding and very low blood pressure. During World Wars I and II, the military took note of IV therapy’s usefulness in treating battlefield injuries.
IV Therapy Popularity
Intravenous vitamin therapy is becoming more popular by the year. As its popularity increases, more clinics are opening up and it is becoming more available to people everywhere. If you are interested in receiving IV therapy, speak with your physician first to determine if it is the right option for you, taking your medical history and any current medications into account. IV therapy clinic staff will work directly with you to find the best course of action and are there to help you become healthier and happier. Treatments can often be delivered either on-site or in the home, making them perfect for people who are house-ridden due to illness or injury. Schedule an appointment soon, and see why so many people are getting IV therapy.
Vibrant Life Health Care Services:
Tulsa Health Care Services with Vibrant Life include the following:
- Intravenous Nutritional Therapy (IV Therapy)
- IV therapy commonly treats bacterial and/or viral infections, allergies, aging, asthma, chronic fatigue, chronic sinusitis, coronary artery disease (hypertension), depression, detoxification (including heavy metals), fibromyalgia, hepatitis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, malnutrition, migraines, muscle spasm, Parkinson’s disease, and upper respiratory infections.
- Prolotherapy is a natural procedure designed to heal soft tissue injuries. This process helps the body’s own method of repairing itself from a wound. By using prolotherapy, the body is able to grow new connective tissue on damaged or weakened areas.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment has been used in various medical procedures since the 1980s. Many famous athletes have received PRP for various difficulties, such as sprained knees and chronic tendon injuries.
- Detoxification Therapy
- Liver detoxification with glutathione infusions; liver support and rejuvenation with alpha-lipoic acid infusions; heavy metal chelation with EDTA infusions, Hydrogen peroxide infusions for allergy, sinus and lung conditions, infections, as well as pain and Raindrop Therapy with pure essential oils.
- Chiropractic Therapy
- Chiropractic Therapy for back and neck pain, sports injuries, headaches including migraines, myofascial release, therapeutic exercises, nerve impingement, trigger point therapy, plantar fasciitis.
- Pain Management
- Non-Opioide Pain Management services include trigger point therapy, trigger point injections, nerve blocks, anti-inflammatory injections, chiropractic therapy, ultrasound, prolotherapy, PRP, Raindrop therapy.
- Nutritional Testing and Counseling
- 21-Day Purification Cleanse, weight-loss programs, hormone testing, neurotransmitter testing, adrenal fatigue, evaluation and supplementation, B-12 injections.
- This natural healing process creates a thicker dermis that gives the appearance of younger healthy skin and the reduction of wrinkles or stretch marks. Micro-Needling is the latest innovation for the treatment of acne scars, fine lines, and overall healthy skin.
- Gardasil Injury Treatment
- Many people are not aware of the risks associated with the Gardasil vaccine. Vaccines contain questionable ingredients that can trigger a vaccine injury. According to statistics on the site SaneVax, as of 2013 more than 32,000 people have reported adverse effects to the Gardasil vaccine. More than 145 have died, over 1,000 are permanently disabled, and more than 6,400 have yet to recover.
- Integrative Cancer Treatment
- Vibrant Life Oklahoma offers integrative/complementary cancer treatment through IV Therapy. After receiving chemotherapy, most patients feel weak, sick, exhausted, and their body is very run down. IV Therapy helps to restore the nutrient value and assists chemotherapy in killing cancer cells.
- Drug & Alcohol Detox
- Receiving optimal amounts of key nutrients, both during and after detoxing from drugs or alcohol, can mean the difference between success and failure. Our proven program helps support your body’s detoxification pathways, while helping correct imbalances in neurochemistry, to help you feel better sooner.
Follow Vibrant Life IV Therapy!