According to statistics, over 30 million people get chiropractic chronic pain management treatment every year. So it’s no wonder that this form of therapy has so many people curious about how it works as well as its benefits. Let’s take a moment to discuss the basics of chiropractic treatments, why it’s used, and how a chiropractor can help you with chronic pain management.
The Basics of Chiropractic Treatments
So how does chiropractic treatment chronic pain work? Well, chiropractic treatment typically requires a series of visits–specifically 6 to 10. During your initial appointment, the chiropractor will ask you several questions about your health history. He or she will then give you a physical exam, paying close attention to your spine. They may even take a few X-rays. Once the chiropractor has a better idea of what you need your treatments can begin.
During these treatments, which are often referred to as adjustments, the chiropractor will position your body so that specific areas can be treated. In most cases, you’ll be lying facedown on a padded surface which resembles a massage table. Your chiropractor will then use their hands in order to apply sudden force to your joints, pushing them past their typical range of motion. It’s possible that you’ll hear loud pops and cracks during your adjustments as the purpose of the session is to move your joints. The adjustments usually result in a greater range of motion and help to relieve any pain that you’ve felt in your joints.
Why Chiropractic Care Used
What many people don’t realize is that the spine is responsible for the well-being of your entire body. Your overall health and chronic pain can be affected if your spine is not properly aligned. That’s why so many individuals seek chiropractic treatment. They understand if they can zero in on spine alignment, they can get relief in other areas. The most common reasons for chiropractic visits are back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
Research shows that more than 31 million Americans experience lower back chronic pain. And this leaves many to search for answers. Many find help in pain management with chiropractic treatments. A chiropractor has the ability to lessen and rid patients of ongoing, chronic pain. Whether it’s lower, upper, or entire back, adjustments are considered to be ideal for coping with this issue.
Another common problem is neck pain. Chronic pain management can be the result of being overworked, bad sleeping habits, or injury. In these cases, a chiropractor can make the adjustments necessary to help with the pain.
According to research, over 38 million U.S. citizens suffer from migraines. In many instances, these headaches can be the result of back issues. The vertebrae may be misaligned which can lead to trapped tension. A chiropractor can make adjustments and relieve chronic pain management that’s present in your spine.
How a Tulsa Chiropractor Can Help You
As previously stated, many people are unaware of how big of an impact an adjustment can make. For instance, a chiropractor can help to boost your immune system. When your immune system is healthy, it can fight off viruses and bacteria and doesn’t need much assistance from drugs or antibiotics. However, when your spine is not properly aligned, it can affect your nervous system’s ability to control the functions of your tissues, organs, and cells. It can also get in the way of your immune system. Research shows that people who get chiropractic treatment suffer fewer colds.
A chiropractor can help you with your digestion. The functions of your stomach are controlled by the nerves in your spine. If your spine is not properly aligned your body will start to produce more acid which can result in heartburn, gas, and acid reflux. An adjustment can solve your stomach issues.
A chiropractor can give you an energy boost. When tension is released your nerves work more effectively. There’s a good chance that you may be tense or sore and not even know if it’s been happening for a long time. However, while the pain may not be noticeable to you, your body will struggle and feel tired and worn out. Chiropractic adjustments help to remove the pressure. And this gives your body the energy that it needs to run efficiently.
Research shows that visits to your chiropractor can result in stabilized blood pressure. When the nerves in your upper back are targeted, it can be the equivalent of taking two doses of blood pressure medicine. This targeting is known as the “Atlas adjustment.”
Adjustments can assist with your breathing. If your spine is not properly aligned it may lead to abnormalities in your lungs. Once the chiropractor aligns the spine, it can help to reduce inflammation and increase your ability to breathe.
Chiropractic treatment can also promote a healthier pregnancy. In fact, it can often lead to faster delivery. During a woman’s pregnancy, her body goes through several changes that can have a huge effect on the way her nervous system functions. The ligaments of her pelvis begin to loosen which helps to make childbirth possible. However, this is also a time in which she gains weight which can lead to pressure an instability within the spine. Regular adjustments can play a big role in ensuring that the child and mother are healthy.
Many people assume that Chiropractic care can only help those who’ve been injured or are suffering from chronic pain. However, it’s much more than that. When you understand that the alignment of the spine can have a huge impact on your overall health and chronic pain management, it’s easier to understand the significance of these types of treatments. It’s about improving your quality of life.
Vibrant Life Health Care Services:
Tulsa Health Care Services with Vibrant Life include the following:
- Intravenous Nutritional Therapy (IV Therapy)
- IV therapy commonly treats bacterial and/or viral infections, allergies, aging, asthma, chronic fatigue, chronic sinusitis, coronary artery disease (hypertension), depression, detoxification (including heavy metals), fibromyalgia, hepatitis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, malnutrition, migraines, muscle spasm, Parkinson’s disease, and upper respiratory infections.
- Prolotherapy is a natural procedure designed to heal soft tissue injuries. This process helps the body’s own method of repairing itself from a wound. By using prolotherapy, the body is able to grow new connective tissue on damaged or weakened areas.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment has been used in various medical procedures since the 1980s. Many famous athletes have received PRP for various difficulties, such as sprained knees and chronic tendon injuries.
- Detoxification Therapy
- Liver detoxification with glutathione infusions; liver support and rejuvenation with alpha-lipoic acid infusions; heavy metal chelation with EDTA infusions, Hydrogen peroxide infusions for allergy, sinus and lung conditions, infections, as well as pain and Raindrop Therapy with pure essential oils.
- Chiropractic Therapy
- Chiropractic Therapy for back and neck pain, sports injuries, headaches including migraines, myofascial release, therapeutic exercises, nerve impingement, trigger point therapy, plantar fasciitis.
- Pain Management
- Non-Opioide Pain Management services include trigger point therapy, trigger point injections, nerve blocks, anti-inflammatory injections, chiropractic therapy, ultrasound, prolotherapy, PRP, Raindrop therapy.
- Nutritional Testing and Counseling
- 21-Day Purification Cleanse, weight-loss programs, hormone testing, neurotransmitter testing, adrenal fatigue, evaluation and supplementation, B-12 injections.
- This natural healing process creates a thicker dermis that gives the appearance of younger healthy skin and the reduction of wrinkles or stretch marks. Micro-Needling is the latest innovation for the treatment of acne scars, fine lines, and overall healthy skin.
- Gardasil Injury Treatment
- Many people are not aware of the risks associated with the Gardasil vaccine. Vaccines contain questionable ingredients that can trigger a vaccine injury. According to statistics on the site SaneVax, as of 2013 more than 32,000 people have reported adverse effects to the Gardasil vaccine. More than 145 have died, over 1,000 are permanently disabled, and more than 6,400 have yet to recover.
- Integrative Cancer Treatment
- Vibrant Life Oklahoma offers integrative/complementary cancer treatment through IV Therapy. After receiving chemotherapy, most patients feel weak, sick, exhausted, and their body is very run down. IV Therapy helps to restore the nutrient value and assists chemotherapy in killing cancer cells.
- Drug & Alcohol Detox
- Receiving optimal amounts of key nutrients, both during and after detoxing from drugs or alcohol, can mean the difference between success and failure. Our proven program helps support your body’s detoxification pathways, while helping correct imbalances in neurochemistry, to help you feel better sooner.
Follow Vibrant Life Chiropractor!