UV light IV therapy helps by supplying the body with the essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients it needs to thrive is the key to experiencing optimal health. Unfortunately, today’s fast-paced lifestyles leave little room for conscientious dieting. This, along with high-stress levels and constant exposure to environmental pollutants makes it that much harder to maintain good health and well-being. IV therapy or intravenous vitamin therapy offers a highly effective method for meeting the body’s nutritional needs while also strengthening the immune system.
Vibrant Life in Tulsa offers a range of holistic treatments, also of which are offered through our Mobile Services Unit. This includes UV IV therapy. Our founder, Dr. Warren has ample experience in treating a range of medical conditions using holistic treatment approaches. Whether you’re at home recovering from an illness or visiting our facility, we can administer IV therapy treatments where ever you are. Keep reading to discover the many ways IV therapy can boost your health along with several reasons why you should consider trying it.
What Is IV Therapy?
Intravenous vitamin therapy, also known as IV therapy, offers a highly effective method for supplying the body with essential vitamins and minerals. IV therapy bypasses the digestive tract, unlike orally-administered vitamins and minerals. The procedure uses an IV to deliver nutrients directly into the bloodstream. When nutrients enter the bloodstream, they can be immediately absorbed and used by the body’s cells.
While healthy eating does indeed go a long way toward meeting the body’s nutritional needs, an unhealthy gut environment can limit the amount of nutrients that actually reach the body’s cells. Also, metabolic disorders, such as diabetes and heart disease can interfere with nutrient absorption processes. Ultimately, no matter how good you eat, if the nutrients aren’t getting to where they need to go, the body will remain in a malnourished state.
In effect, IV therapy bathes the body’s cells in systems with essential nutrients. This makes for any number of health benefits depending on your body’s nutritional needs. For these reasons, IV therapy can be used to help the body combat a wide range of medical conditions, including:
Bacterial and viral infections
Reasons to Consider Getting IV Therapy
Daily Immune System Stressors
As much as 80 percent of the body’s immune system resides in your gut or digestive tract with white blood cells, bone marrow, the lymphatic system and a few other components making up the rest. On any given day, the immune system protects the body against any number of threats and stressors that vary depending on your lifestyle. Environmental toxins, stress and poor nutrition all compromise immune system health.
Environmental toxins are everywhere. Air and water pollution may be the most obvious but there are many more than can be just as harmful to the body’s health. BPA toxins can be found in food, dental sealants and plastic materials, in general. PCB toxins can be found in paints, rubber-based products and also plastics. Heavy metals are used to make silver dental fillings and also reside in contaminated fish.
Over time, repeated toxin exposures can compromise brain functioning, causing poor memory, moodiness and headaches. Besides environmental toxins, harmful lifestyle habits such as excess alcohol consumption and smoking also take a tremendous toll on the immune system. IV therapy provides your body with the level of nutrition needed to support your immune system and protect the body from daily toxin exposures.
Stress is another factor that can take a very real toll on your immune system health. Under periods of ongoing stress, the body naturally secretes cortisol as part of its “fight or flight” response. Cortisol places the body’s systems in a state of high alert. Elevated cortisol levels also cause the immune system to “power down,” leaving the body highly susceptible to sickness and disease.
Unhealthy eating, another immune system stressor, has a direct impact on the quality of nutrition the body receives from day to day. High-fat, low-fiber diets leave the body in a state of malnutrition while also making it that much harder for the digestive tract to do its job. Considering that food is supposed to be our primary source of nutrients, even diets that are just a little bit off, nutrition-wise can leave the body weak and vulnerable. If your diet is lacking in one or more areas, the benefits of IV therapy can make a tremendous difference in your overall health.
Inflammation, one of the immune system’s protective mechanisms, can threaten your overall health as the body ages. Infections and injuries trigger the inflammation response. Inflammation works to protect the affected area so healing processes can proceed, unimpeded.
Unfortunately, inflammation leaves behind free radicals. Free radicals are unstable atoms that have lost an electron. These atoms naturally try to replace the lost electron by stealing it from nearby atoms.
Over time, this process damages healthy cells. The immune system, in turn, reads this as an injury, which triggers the inflammation cycle all over again. Also known as chronic inflammation, these conditions can cause any number of medical problems, including arthritis, diabetes and heart disease. Intravenous vitamin therapy includes a range of vitamin and mineral treatments, many of which work to keep inflammation cycles in check.
Oxidative Stress – The Silent Killer
The body’s overall health relies on a steady balance of oxidation and reduction. Oxidation and reduction have to do with oxidative stress versus the health of the body’s antioxidant system. Oxidative stress is yet another harmful effect from inflammation that’s caused by free radical activity. Not surprisingly, oxidative stress plays a key role in the aging process as the effects of inflammation and free radicals accumulate over the years.
When unstable atoms continue to strip electrons from oxygen molecules, oxidative stress is the result. As long as your body has a healthy level of antioxidant materials, it can combat the harmful effects of oxidative stress. When antioxidant levels are lacking, oxidative stress can spread throughout the body. Over time, these conditions can actually alter cell DNA, which greatly increases the risk of developing tumor cells and eventually, cancer.
Poor Nutrient Absorption
Your digestive tract’s ability to extract nutrients from the foods you eat ultimately determines how well-nourished you are. As the body ages, your digestive tract or gut loses its ability to extract and deliver nutrients to the body. This not only impacts food nutrient absorption but also your gut’s ability to absorb nutrients from oral supplements. Since as much as 80 percent of the immune system resides in the gut, the health of your gut has a tremendous impact on the health of your immune system.
This means, digestive problems, such as heartburn, gas, constipation, diarrhea as well as more serious problems like irritable bowel syndrome and reflex disease interfere with nutrient absorption in a big way. Under these conditions, taking vitamin and mineral supplements offers little to no benefit, nutrition-wise since the digestive tract can’t absorb nutrients like it should. IV therapy offers an effective workaround for digestion issues, nourishing the body with needed nutrition while helping to strengthen your gut and immune system in the process.
Tulsa Mobile IV Therapy Services
Vibrant Life in Tulsa offers a wide range of IV therapy options, including mobile IV therapy. Once Dr. Warren assesses your health status and nutritional needs, our mobile service can administer IV therapy in the comfort of your home or office on a regular basis. Here are just a few IV therapy options to consider.
Glutathione, the granddaddy of all antioxidants is vital to healthy liver functioning. The liver uses glutathione to convert toxins and other waste materials into a form that can be flushed out through urine or bile. Glutathione is an especially important nutrient to have when you’re detoxing.
Detoxing entails helping the body eliminate harmful materials, such as accumulated toxins. Keep in mind that an unhealthy diet, high stress levels can damage your health just as much as cigarettes, alcohol and air pollution so detoxing is something to consider doing on a periodic basis. Glutathione IV therapy goes a long way towards helping the liver eliminate these harmful materials and clean out the body.
Mega Dose Vitamin C
Vitamin C, another powerful antioxidant, works especially well at combating fatigue, chronic viruses and also strengthen immune system health. While vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, it does tend to irritate the stomach lining when taken in oral form. IV administration of vitamin C not only works to jumpstart immune system health but also triggers the production of hydrogen peroxide, which studies show can weaken cancerous cells.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
More than a few nutrients the body needs not only offer their own health benefits but also help the body make the most of other nutrient components. Alpha lipoic acid is one of those nutrients. Best known as a free radical scavenger, alpha lipoic acid naturally attaches to free radicals so they can be flushed out the body. Another huge health benefit of alpha lipoic acid is its ability to recycle other essential nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin E and glutathione. In effect, alpha lipoic acid increases the levels of other nutrients in the body.
While oxygen is known to break down cancerous cells, healthy cells and friendly gut bacteria thrive in oxygen-rich environments. This makes IV-administered hydrogen peroxide a powerful, versatile treatment. Hydrogen peroxide contains two oxygen molecules, allowing it to release oxygen into the bloodstream when delivered in IV form. Once in the bloodstream, the body’s cells can use the oxygen to breakdown viruses and bacteria, which makes it easier for the kidneys and liver to flush out toxic materials.
Chelation therapy works especially well at removing heavy metals from the bloodstream and body. Heavy metals like lead, iron and calcium breed free radical damage throughout the body so clearing materials out offers immediate health benefits. Chelation therapy delivers EDTA, or ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid in IV form. This acid binds to heavy materials, which allows them to be flushed out of the body through the urine.
The Myers’ Cocktail is essentially a multivitamin mix administered directly into the bloodstream. This treatment includes a combination of calcium, vitamin C, magnesium and the B vitamins. The health benefits derived from this type of intravenous vitamin therapy are many. It can be used to treat fatigue as well as relieve symptoms associated with allergies, asthma and even fibromyalgia.
Vibrant Life Mobile IV Therapy Services in Tulsa
Vibrant Life’s mission works to make it as easy as possible for their patients to receive the medical and nutritional care they need to function at their best. Our mobile services unit in Tulsa does just that. We can administer IV therapy treatments at your home, which works well for people recovering from illness. You can also come into our office, as needed. Dr. Warren specializes in detoxification, nutrition, and regeneration, with intravenous vitamin therapy delivering all three approaches in one powerful treatment. Dr. Warren will put together a personalized treatment plan that optimizes your health, both now and for years to come.
Vibrant Life Health Care Services:
Tulsa Health Care Services with Vibrant Life include the following:
- Intravenous Nutritional Therapy (IV Therapy)
- IV therapy commonly treats bacterial and/or viral infections, allergies, aging, asthma, chronic fatigue, chronic sinusitis, coronary artery disease (hypertension), depression, detoxification (including heavy metals), fibromyalgia, hepatitis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, malnutrition, migraines, muscle spasm, Parkinson’s disease, and upper respiratory infections.
- Prolotherapy is a natural procedure designed to heal soft tissue injuries. This process helps the body’s own method of repairing itself from a wound. By using prolotherapy, the body is able to grow new connective tissue on damaged or weakened areas.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment has been used in various medical procedures since the 1980s. Many famous athletes have received PRP for various difficulties, such as sprained knees and chronic tendon injuries.
- Detoxification Therapy
- Liver detoxification with glutathione infusions; liver support and rejuvenation with alpha-lipoic acid infusions; heavy metal chelation with EDTA infusions, Hydrogen peroxide infusions for allergy, sinus and lung conditions, infections, as well as pain and Raindrop Therapy with pure essential oils.
- Chiropractic Therapy
- Chiropractic Therapy for back and neck pain, sports injuries, headaches including migraines, myofascial release, therapeutic exercises, nerve impingement, trigger point therapy, plantar fasciitis.
- Pain Management
- Non-Opioide Pain Management services include trigger point therapy, trigger point injections, nerve blocks, anti-inflammatory injections, chiropractic therapy, ultrasound, prolotherapy, PRP, Raindrop therapy.
- Nutritional Testing and Counseling
- 21-Day Purification Cleanse, weight-loss programs, hormone testing, neurotransmitter testing, adrenal fatigue, evaluation and supplementation, B-12 injections.
- This natural healing process creates a thicker dermis that gives the appearance of younger healthy skin and the reduction of wrinkles or stretch marks. Micro-Needling is the latest innovation for the treatment of acne scars, fine lines, and overall healthy skin.
- Gardasil Injury Treatment
- Many people are not aware of the risks associated with the Gardasil vaccine. Vaccines contain questionable ingredients that can trigger a vaccine injury. According to statistics on the site SaneVax, as of 2013 more than 32,000 people have reported adverse effects to the Gardasil vaccine. More than 145 have died, over 1,000 are permanently disabled, and more than 6,400 have yet to recover.
- Integrative Cancer Treatment
- Vibrant Life Oklahoma offers integrative/complementary cancer treatment through IV Therapy. After receiving chemotherapy, most patients feel weak, sick, exhausted, and their body is very run down. IV Therapy helps to restore the nutrient value and assists chemotherapy in killing cancer cells.
- Drug & Alcohol Detox
- Receiving optimal amounts of key nutrients, both during and after detoxing from drugs or alcohol, can mean the difference between success and failure. Our proven program helps support your body’s detoxification pathways, while helping correct imbalances in neurochemistry, to help you feel better sooner.
Follow Vibrant Life IV Therapy!